Get the Best Deal on a Rental Car
No matter how extravagant your travel plans, there is no need to rent a luxury car. What more can you ask for than a car that is safe, comfortable, and has decent mileage? These are the basics you should know about renting a car cheaply, whether you’re traveling for business purposes, going to for a few days, or just heading to the beach with your family.
Basics You Should Know About Rental Cars
- If you don’t have an alternative, do not rent a vehicle at the airport. It is often cheaper to rent a vehicle at an “off-airport”location. Compare rates between different rental companies in the city. You might also consider other ways to reach your hotel from the airport, until you can get to the rent a car iah center.
- Find out if your club/membership discounts are available. Many corporations have a company number that can be used to receive travel-related discounts. Club members and government employees can also enjoy these perks.
- Hidden fees are to be avoided Although a deal may sound appealing on the offer page it could turn out to be more expensive once you have completed the checkout process. This is due to hidden fees such as sales tax, vehicle license fees, an “arena fees” or other fees. You should also find out if the car will need to be returned with full gas tanks. If it is, you may be subject to a penalty. If this is required, make sure you have enough gas on hand when you return the rent a car iah.
- Do not fall for the “horror stories”, which insurance agents will tell you to get you to buy insurance. It’s an unnecessary addition for most drivers. You only need to call your insurance company and verify that rental cars are covered. Many credit cards offer collision coverage. If you’re traveling out of the country, your chances of getting international car rental insurance from your credit card company or auto insurance is reduced. This could mean that you will need to include it in your rental agreement.
- Online price comparison tools will show you all available vehicle rental options for your travel dates. This is a much easier way to compare prices than contacting each rental company individually to find out if they offer to rent a car iah for your dates.